Sep 7, 2010

Our Trip and the End of an Era

We had a wonderful trip to Kizkalesi (Castle on the Sea) with our new friends and family.  Bonding time with people is always good for me.  However, it's amazing how different I feel today than what I felt before we left for the trip.  Before the trip, I had family time and adventures to look forward to; it seemed like I could take on the world and nothing could ever bother me.  But now it's hard to come back from that trip and put K on the bus for her first day of kindergarten today.  I have an empty house now.  I have no one to watch and no one to take care of.  This is really hard and I'm not taking it that well.  What am I supposed to do with myself?  I miss them.
Now I wish I would had the foresight to take a picture of her at the bus stop; I forgot the camera.  I remembered it for the boys last week, silly me.  She looked so sweet in the new dress she was saving for her first day.  I guess I'm just going to have to get one of her at the school today when I pick her up and post it later.  It was difficult to say good-bye to the boys last week, but putting my baby on the bus today I think was the hardest.


Here are some pictures of our trip to Kizkalesi:

Castle on the Sea
Castle by the Sea
Kids in the Mediterranian Sea

Shadow picture on the ancient tile

4 comments:

  1. Beth,

    I remember the first week I had an "empty nest" - even though I drove my youngest to college (to MI) and helped move him in, that 250 mile ride back was...hard.

    Like you,(?) all of a sudden it dawned on me that there was no one for me to take care of at home any longer...and a tidal wave of sadness and longing crashed over me.

    At least you still have Bogie.

    Share what you feel with him.

    I will be a regular visitor to your blog.

    Love your pics.

    This blog is an excellent idea!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey beth! it's erin from ff. i've been reading your blog and enjoying keeping up with you all. Big Hugs from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great picture on the ancient tile! I'm listening to Acts on CD just for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth!

    Great photos, I especially like the shadow one on the ancient tiles. I'm enjoying the blog a lot. If I were in Turkey with some time, I'd explore the cuisine and learn to make some Turkish dishes. That market you visited was neat! The vendors could probably give you some ideas.

    :-) Tara

    ReplyDelete