Sep 8, 2010

Helping clean up the base thrift store is a win win!

My baby is taking the bus!
So, the past two days I've been trying to keep myself busy by keeping house.  It helps me not think about having all the kids gone.  I have a feeling I'm going to get used to them being gone during the day and love being able to get stuff done on school days.  It might be hard to turn back when summer comes...   ....   .... Naaaahhhhhh!  I don't think so, I just love a busy house and having people here.  Stuff gets done no matter what and being with people is important.

Oh, I have a picture of K on her 2nd day of kindergarten and getting on the bus.  At least I got something, right?  ;)

Okay, now for the title of the blog.  I helped with the thrift store today; cleaning, sorting and getting rid of old junky stuff and afterward came away with treasure.  Silly me packed all the kids toys in the large slow shipment which comes at the end of November.  Wow, they have nothing to play with until the end of November!  Now, What Was I Thinking?????  I wasn't, that's for sure.
They got toys, and bath toys and a new game (still in package) and a bunny pillow and some sports clothes and I got a few things for the house that I forgot to pack; all for $2.50.  Yep, that's right; $2.50!  Because I volunteered, I got a discount.  Let's just say I'm volunteering every-time I can now.  :)  Seriously though, I really liked helping.  Volunteering for a short time gave me something useful to do and it helps the scholarship fund for people on base.  How awesome is that?

One more blessing... hubby and I are buying a car from someone on base.  A 2004 Dodge Neon and now I will have a car to carry my groceries home in.  And when the paperwork goes through, I can drive it to the city and maybe even start some class for teaching English and helping out at the school for blind children.  That's where my heart has been the last few days.  Someone told me about that school when we arrived here and I want to meet these kids.  It was heavy on my heart tonight.  Heavy, as in my heart fills with joy at the thought of meeting these precious kids.  Let's just hope I can navigate these crazy streets and be safe.

5 comments:

  1. Make sure that you are volunteering and not getting paid when you work in the economy. I think SOFA status would not let you get a job off-post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, So glad that you've found some wonderful things to fill your days while the kids are at school! How did Kiersten like her first day of kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,
    Thanks for keeping a blog. I just got caught up on all your posts. You are awesome! Thanks for letting us know how it is going.

    Adaline did not like her first day of kindergarten. My guess it was too much change and we didn't even move to a new country! 2nd day went better.

    We miss you!
    Love - Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believed she loved her first day of kindergarten. She didn't give me much detail, though. I'll try to get more out of her today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a crazy deal! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete