I hear the educated in Turkey don't like the all the things in the amendment. However, the poor in Turkey are being swayed through bribes by groups who want a more conservative government and the ability to rule with more power. That pastor (Terry Jones) in FL did not help the situation over here in the Mid-east, it only created more rift. Some people have perfect timing. (I'm being sarcastic)
If those people reached enough of the poor, and the amendment is voted in, one of the consequences of it could cause Americans to stick out like a sore thumb eventually. Yesterday, on Sept. 11th and the ending of Ramadan, we were asked to stay on base and not travel. We were not forced to stay on base, but were advised to be careful and watchful if we ventured off. It may be possible, if things get unsafe here, we will be forced to evacuate. All our stuff is in transit at this time. It's possible we may never see it again. I hear this is the chance we took for coming over here. However, when we signed up for this job, they never stated any concerns like this to us. Even so, I'm not worried. I know God is taking care and watching over us. He brought us here, and I trust Him. There is a reason why we are here. There is a reason why He brought so many other Christians this year to this particular base. If we lose all our stuff, then so be it...it's just stuff.
We will have to wait and see what unfolds today and what the outcome is of the voting...
No comments:
Post a Comment