It's Labor Day weekend this weekend and the weather is still HOT. So, we're taking a trip to The Castle by the Sea. It's about an 1.5 hours away from Incirlik. I have never seen the Mediterranian sea, so I'm excited to spend some time there and check it out. Good thing I found my lost camera, otherwise I wouldn't have taken any pictures. Now to find the connector cord for the computer... hmmm... It's got to be around here somewhere.
Today, I was sitting at the playground with the hubby and the kids were playing and I realized how nice we have it here, and how blessed I feel right now. It was a very peaceful feeling. It was the most peaceful feeling I have felt in my entire life. I love having no things to clutter up my life. I love how friendly everyone is here. I love how K gets invited to a birthday party the day of and we just walk across the street and go. I love that our neighbor offered to drive us ladies into town so we can explore and shop at Adana's version of a Sam's Club. I love how I can walk into a grocery store and the nicest woman comes up to me to introduce herself and she gives me a lift home in her car with all my groceries in tow. I love how that same woman tells me about a car that's available on base from someone moving and it's possible we can buy it. I love how my friends read my blog and offer to mail us something for the kids to play with and another offers playdoh recipes (the best playdoh recipes I have ever tried). I love that I can hire a maid to help me keep this house clean. I love that I have a home I enjoy keeping clean. I love being able to talk with my friends from Chicago on FB and see how their lives are doing. All in all, I'm loving Turkey. I need to venture out into the culture and that's about to happen. I have to remember... one thing at a time. I can't get to know all of Turkey in just two weeks now, can I? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment