Aug 28, 2010

Mayberry

Our New Family in Turkey
Yesterday was tough for me personally.  Bogie and the fellow teacher friends started work on Wed. and I was at the hotel with the kids for a few days by myself.  I was starting to feel lonely and the kids were going stir crazy.  I love this hotel, but it's small and the kids don't have their own things yet.  I was missing friends back home in Chicago and was feeling a little bit ignored and forgotten.  So silly, because I know I'm not, but I can't help my crazy emotions sometimes.  My mind starts to play tricks with me and starts going to the negative.  Not a good thing when my mind should be focusing on all the blessings I have.  Which I have a lot to be thankful for.  For one, all of the new friends we have made so far.  We went out last night to Heather's home for tacos (and they were yummy) and then to see Shrek 4.  They are all so nice and loving and helpful.  I couldn't ask for better people to know.  :)

Secondly, we have a new home. A brand new home that opened up the morning after I asked Poppa (the local Poppa of everyone here on base) to pray where we should live (on base or off).  Well the answer came the next morning with a phone call from housing and we have a brand new house to live in.  We are allowed to move in Tuesday after instruction time about what we can and can not do with it; rules are strict here on base about housing.  We won't be able to drill holes in the walls, I'm sure.
Last night,  I was able to go in and see it myself and I took a few pictures of it.  It's beyond what I could have imagined possible.  It's a 2 story, 4 bedroom with a ginormous kitchen, eating area, living area & dining area, laundry room 2.5 baths and lots of closet space.  It's amazing.  What a blessing.  We also had a neighbor come over and welcome us into the neighborhood.

Everyone keeps calling this place Mayberry and it is slowly becoming clear to me, too.  Everyone is so friendly and everyone knows everyone else's business.  We even have a Barney Fief.  Seriously, he looks like Don Knotts and walks like him, too.  It's uncanny, but I love it.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that house looks fantastic! What luck! And you're not forgotten :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Miss Bethy! You are certainly not forgotten. Izey was talking about your kids yesterday. This is one of the first times we've had to explain "they moved away" but thank God we could add, "but they'll be back!" We will miss you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Bee,

    Nice place you got there. Much bigger than your Chicago Condo. If you have 4 BR, then we are coming over to stay sometime in the future. I wonder there are any Space A flights from Andrews AFB to Incirlik AFB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house looks amazing! Wow, glad you are finding some friends! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete