Wow. I don't know why I am always amazed at the good God does in my life. I should know better by now, but I never cease to gawk at His complete awesomeness. Seriously, I'm like a child with her mouth open wide and eyes bulging out of their sockets with total delight. Like a child waking up and running downstairs on Christmas morning.
God has brought clarity, healing, and restoration to me within the last two weeks in regards to my last post. Both moments were moments only God could have brought about. When I came back to Chicago, I had no idea how He could restore things in my life that seemed broken beyond all repair. Things I made a bigger mess out of... but He did. I was wanting to leave my church upon coming back. I wanted to find another church. However, I heard Him tell me to stay. I heard Him tell me through scripture, through situations, through things friends said to me, through praying and listening for Him to talk to my soul... He told me to stay at church. He told me He wanted to restore. He told me He wanted to make things right and new. He did, He is, and He will continue to do so... I see the pebble in the water and I feel the ripples happening in my life. It's all good. It's all so gentle and free.
Coming home tonight from the "Come to Bethlehem" event I had tears in my eyes. I am amazed that God finds all my silly situations I get myself into and all the thoughts that run through my head are significant to Him. He wants me to understand. He wants me to know Him. He wants to make me new. He wants to see beauty grow forth from my life. I matter to Him. Everyone matters to Him.
I am humbled by His love.
Beth thankful for God's work! THanks for sharing this. HE is so good in his gentle prodding and leading. I love that he really does make all things new in his time....and they often are prettier, more useful than before! Hugs to you!
ReplyDelete