I'm going to The School for Blind Children this morning for a lemonade social and craft selling fundraiser. I'm going to check it out and see how I can volunteer for those children. Talking with a friend this morning and saying how this experience should be an eye opener for anyone, I realized that it's me who is truly the blind one. Not in a physical way, but a mental way. How sheltered I am and how good I have it. I am blessed and I should take that blessing and share it.
I want to keep my eyes open to the suffering of others and do what I can to help. And if volunteering with children who are probably shunned in their culture helps, then I want to be a part of that. I'll update you all later on how it goes. I'll bring the camera, too. But I'll only take pictures if it's not obtrusive or offensive.
Actually, come to think of it, these children will probably help me more than I could ever help them...
I want to keep my eyes open to the suffering of others and do what I can to help. And if volunteering with children who are probably shunned in their culture helps, then I want to be a part of that. I'll update you all later on how it goes. I'll bring the camera, too. But I'll only take pictures if it's not obtrusive or offensive.
Actually, come to think of it, these children will probably help me more than I could ever help them...
Praying that you have an eye opening, life changing experiance volunteering today! Can't wait to read more about it!
ReplyDelete~Melissa