We now have confirmation as to why God has brought us back to Chicago. We received a call on Friday from the doctor that hubby's dad's cancer has returned, grown and spread. When we arrived home from Turkey at the beginning of July, we noticed his dad wasn't doing too well. We thought that maybe the low dosage of chemo he was having was taking a toll on his body. So, we took him in for some tests and this is the result. If we were going back to Turkey, we would have left today. I am SO thankful we are not leaving. Praise be to God for directing our paths when we don't see the future as clear as He does.
God knows best and we do not understand His ways.
We still don't have work for the fall. I'm not sure what else we can do, but pray. The doctor told hubby without treatment his dad has 2 months and with the current treatment, they give him until a little after Christmas. We would have to pay for the funeral ourselves. No one else in the family has the money to pay for it and now we don't either unless we get a job. I know God will provide, but He also asks us to ask Him. I am asking. My heart is heavy with the knowledge of this recent news and the burden of not knowing if we will have a steady paycheck coming in. These impossible circumstances are heavy to carry, but praise God, He's been helping me, by carrying them. I am resting in Him and hoping for miracles.
thanks Beth for your honesty- how is it being back? Thanks for this reminder that He knows even if we think it doesn't make sense- a good reminder for us in the midst of the adoption mess. Love you sister!
ReplyDeleteIt's weird being back. For a while it felt like Chicago was a prison to me. However, over the past week it hasn't felt like that anymore. I am trusting Him more and more as this situation unfolds. Having some answers sure does help us bear the being back part. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you, too, Roxanne! Hang in there with your adoption. I have prayed for you. The enemy doesn't want us to make a difference, but praise be to God, He will make the difference.