Feb 8, 2011

When the evil one attacks, you must be doing something right.

After the last attack I had here on base, I went into a sort of hibernation.  A place where I could recoup myself and gather some more strength and faith in my father in heaven.  I talked with God and the good friends he's placed in my life.  I didn't feel like I measured up to the challenge, in short I felt I failed.  However, I know it was just a test so I could see where my faith stands.  I was shaken.
Well, I recouped and after a time of not being effective at all (a winter of sorts) I felt the spring coming on and started being effective again.  Hence why I said my heart was happy.  :)

Well, there was another attack as soon as I started feeling effective again.  This time, I was more prepared and rooted further in my faith.  I wasn't as scared this time.  Sure there were some things that scared me, but all in all it was better.  I was shown a few scriptures and talked with a few friends and prayed.  It was good.  I can feel the growth.  I see the growth.  The Lord has told me to keep silent.  He will fight our battle for us.  We just have to keep our eyes on Him.  Hallelujah!  Through this whole ordeal we've been going through, He's going to get the glory.  For I haven't done a thing to fix it, and I'm not as scared.
Exodus 14:14
14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
Psalm 27:14
14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Well today, there was another attack, but this time on one of my dear close friends here.  I'm looking at it in a whole new perspective.  I'm not scared and I know God will make it right.  This friend is one of the reasons God brought me here.  He wanted me to meet her.  She knows it, too.  I'm amazed at the peace He's given her through this whole ordeal.  I'm in total awe.  I love peace and I'm not backing down from loving on others and growing.  That's my stand and I will take courage.

3 comments:

  1. Beth, we know that when we are tested it proves to mold us and change us into the people God wants us to be. I read this in My Utmost a while back and was encouraging to me. I think sometimes we think the "goal" of life is ease but that is NOT biblical.
    "Thank God that He does give us difficult things to do! His salvation is a joyous thing, but it is also something that requires bravery, courage, and holiness. It tests us for all we are worth. Jesus is bringing "many sons to glory" (Heb 2:10), and God will not shield us from the requirements of sonship. God's grace produces men and women with a strong family likeness to Jesus, not pampered, spoiled, weaklings. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline to live the worthy and excellent life of a disciple of Jesus in the realities of life. And it is always necessary for us to make the effort to live a life of worth and excellence."

    ReplyDelete
  2. His salvation is a joyous thing! I am so thankful I see Him working in my life. No, we are not meant to be comfortable and I see that now. When we are pampered and spoiled we *are* weaklings. I am glad He has chosen to mold me stronger. I find it joyful. You are loved my friend and a great encouragement to me. Keep up the good fight and take heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth for sharing... I have been remiss in keeping up with you the last few months. You have given God the glory in your journey with him.

    We miss you! Keep the faith.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete